So you’ve lined up an interview for your dream job, or perhaps you’ve locked down that coveted summer internship. Job interviews or starting a new gig can be ultra intimidating, so stepping out with style and confidence helps relieve a bit of the pressure. Mary Jane’s has stellar ideas for putting together an outfit you can courageously sport for your big, scary interview or your first day on the job.
To feel calm and collected, pick out your outfit in advance - no last minute rushing around! Business Insider reveals that first impressions can be made in as little as 7 seconds, so nailing those introductions to your future boss or new coworkers is crucial.
A few ideas for making a flawless first impression:
1. Even if the company culture dictates a casual atmosphere, it’s best to keep your look polished on Day 1. We recommend something classic or timeless like this Krissa Blazer by Greylin. With flowing pleats in the back and a single button closure in the front, the lines of the Krissa Blazer are unexpected, yet elegant. Invest in pieces that will outlast passing trends and neutral colors that can be paired with bright pops of color.
2. Let your personality shine. Don’t be afraid to wear a piece that highlights your individuality or keen sense of fashion. We love to use scarves - incorporate a bold pop of color to add both texture and visual interest to your ensemble.
3. From top to bottom you’re curating a look that reflects poise and polish. We are seeing lots of booties this spring and we’re enamored with the Renee Seam Short Bootie from Frye. The pointed toe and low heel give a refined shape. After all, a wonderful pair of boots will inspire you to walk into a room with confidence and kick through any challenges or obstacles in your path.
4. A statement piece that sets you apart will surely make a memorable impression. Choose something that speaks to your unique taste or makes you feel like a million bucks. You hear the adage “Dress for Success,” but it’s just as important to “Accessorize for Success.” How about some handmade earrings lovingly crafted from vintage jewelry and rustic materials? Check out our one-of-a-kind jewels by Rusted Pearl, two Utah locals who incorporate unexpected items like pieces of old chandeliers into their work.
5. Smile! Don’t forget that your best accessory is with you at all times. A warm, inviting smile is the best way to foster a sense of welcome and approachability.
From interviews to first-day jitters, we'd love the opportunity to help you pick out the ideal outfit for any major occasion. Stop on by and see what’s fresh this spring. Tag your interview or first day outfit on Instagram with #MaryJanesParkCity so we can feature your outfit!